Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS/FT Fulltone Tube Tape Echo

Lightly used with brand new tape (the original one had a noisy spool so I ordered in a replacement cartridge).

The unit has less than 40 hours of use and the tape maybe 10 minutes.

I will take a picture of the actual unit when I get home, note that this is the original model (no lid, comes in a padded gig bag). $700 Can-US shipped (pay pal)

TTE_WHITE%20backgrnd%20300dpi_7x5.jpg

Specs

It used to be that no delay could quite replicate the natural, warm, and shimmery tones of an old Echoplex tape echoenter the Fulltone TubeTapeEcho, or TTE. Old tape echoes used to be noisy and unreliable, but the Fulltone TTE is dead quiet and features revamped electronics, tape transport path, and even the tape cartridge itself to near-overkill, producing less noise than most delay pedals. The TTE effect pedal can provide anywhere from a quick slapback to over 2 seconds of delay time. There is a top-panel-mounted, dual-speed toggle switch to choose between Hi-Speed and Lo-Speed operation. Hi-Speed gets you lots of Highs, less Bass, and a True Repeat without the Pitch variation of the old Echoplex. Lo-Speed is warm, with lots of Bass, less highs, and a slight "warble" that imparts a natural chorus.Servo-controlled, high-torque DC motor is quieter than the big AC motors of yesteryear

2 x 12AX7 tubes at 200V DC. Erase/Bias section function uses 1 x Electro-Harmonix 12AT7

Hand wired audio path

Stereo outs, 3 stereo modes

Proprietary, custom-made Erase, Record, and Playback tape heads

Fulltone ETC-1 Tape cartridge

Nickel-plated, stainless steel parts

Echo Tone Control you can alter it to as vintage as you want a Tone control, affecting only the repeats

I've been 'looking' at the Roland Space-Echo units with on-board reverb....WILDLY expensive, but a strong market. Brian Setzer is a huge fan. How does this compare? Anyone have a Space-Echo unit?

This is the only tape echo unit I've had, it sounds great but to be honest I don't want to slog it around to gigs so I haven't been using it.

If you google "fulltone tte vs echoplex" there's a bunch of opinion etc.

I have heard great things about this unit. If I didn't already have a Roland I would be on this quick. :ph34r:

What do you think of the Roland?

Another great price, benum47. I'll say one thing - you're not greedy when it comes time to resell. :D

If I didn't have delay up the wazoo already, prolly be all over this one...

I've been 'looking' at the Roland Space-Echo units with on-board reverb....WILDLY expensive, but a strong market. Brian Setzer is a huge fan. How does this compare? Anyone have a Space-Echo unit?

The Space Echo Setzer uses is an RE-301 with a specific pre-amp that he uses to great effect to push his Bassman's into overdrive. I've owned several RE-101's, RE-150's, RE-201's but that's where I stopped. IMO the best were the first two. Just echo, no BS tone controls, reverb or chorus effects that sound terrible and detract from the pure tone and "core competency" of the unit - to issue forth some damn good sounding tape echo.

I've also owned a TTE and I can tell you they're very different animals. A TTE adds a tube gain stage that can help push the front end of your amp in a round, creamy, TOOBEY kind of way. If I were in the market I would grab this in a NY minute. That's a GREAT price on a great unit.

Well, I don't really need anything...and I'm trying to reduce my gear footprint. Having said that ^_^ I put the trade option in there just in case something cool/unexpected is offered.

I'll trade you this amp straight deal across if you are interested:

(It is a Fargen '49 x '54 - two preamp tweed deluxe. They aren't made anymore.)

6089889398_fb8bd7be48.jpg

And the plot thickens.... :rolleyes:

Archived