Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: set of Seth Lover's

Hi guys,

I have a set of Seth Lovers for sale (Neck and Bridge, in the box).

They have been in my Newport for a couple of months and they sound great.

But I still prefer the sound of the original PhatCats, which seem to have a bit rawer quality.

The Seth Lover's have been professionally installed and removed by a well known guitar artisan.

I have paid almost $ 380 for the set (+$ 20 for having them removed), and because they are second hand now I want to let them go for about $ 260.

Please send me an email when you want them (preferably as a set).

Gabe :-)

All quality gear from the States is very expensive over here. 21 % VAT and 3 % import taxes and everything has to go trough an extra step : the importer (witch in the SD case an Italian company.

The first website I went to sells Seths for $99 each... and Antiquity for $112... it looks like your well known guitar artisan had you buy HIM a set too.

It appears the prices in the Netherlands are not as good as ours.

I imagine that is quite reasonable in Europe. The dollar ain't doin' so well and VAT kills.

All quality gear from the States is very expensive over here. 21 % VAT and 3 % import taxes and everything has to go trough an extra step : the importer (witch in the SD case an Italian company.

Okay, your point is well taken. All of you are right.

What Belgian says is true. We also have to pay these VAT and import taxes on USA Hamer guitars (even when bought as used gear). This makes it more expensive but quality is and remains important.

I guess for the Seth Lover's I have paid too much for having the installation work done. On the other hand in a Newport it seems to be much more complicated, because there is no scratchplate (as in a Stratocaster/Daytona) and no backplate (as in a Hamer Studio).

So as I have no use for these pickups and my original asking price was too high I will lower the price and sell them for $ 160 as a set.

If you want them, please send me an e-mail.

Gabe ;)

Hey Gabe,

You better try to sell these in Europe. Try gitaarnet .

I'll ask around here if somebody is interested.

What's your "Euro-price" ?

Archived