Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New commemorative item! Beatles "White Album" 50th anniversary t-shirts!

While Argus wasn’t conceived as a “concept album,” many of its songs hinted at a medieval theme, particularly on Side Two.

“It became a concept album by default and I'm hBeatles White Album.jpgappy about that,” Powell said, “but I wouldn't actually root it into being solely ‘medieval’. It did have historical references that seemed to span the ages or many centuries. Sure, all Brits or Europeans grow up with a sense of history, and 'old stones' surround you in every building. Norman churches, a thousand years old, are found in every small British village, and castles and cathedrals abound elsewhere. You can never escape the past. The lyrics were in fact inspired by the Bible, Greek mythology, and themes of endless wars; they speak to the exhaustion of all that.”

Meh...I'll pass on that one. Wake me up when t-shirts commemorating the 40th Anniversary of Spinal Tap's Smell the Glove are released.  

18 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

Meh...I'll pass on that one. Wake me up when t-shirts commemorating the 40th Anniversary of Spinal Tap's Smell the Glove are released.  

I have several.  Very slimming and goes with everything.

Mine are pre-worn with a bit of relic treatment. I assume they will command a premium price......

Archived